Trees for Trout
It's time to think about getting some plants in the ground. Greg has scheduled planting days on the new projects on Fishing Creek.
The remaining date is Saturday, March 23rd, begining at 9 am until Noon. Weather and snowcover has forced us to cancel the earlier date. Contact him if you'd like to help.
Please bring a spade or shovel, wear gloves & appropriate footwear & outerwear for the weather. Bob will be basking in the southern sunshine, but Greg will assume grilling responsibilities for the world-famous gourmet hot dogs.
Here's a map to the site:
Trees for Trout, part the Second
It's time to get the Nursery ready for Spring and all those tree saplings to use on projects across the County.
- March 27 & 29: General materials organization and prepare for water line assembly
- March 30, Saturday 8 - Noon: Pipe assembly and water system completion
- April 20, Saturday 8 - Noon: Planting *(Bring appropriate clothing and snack you prefer; water provided)
- April 22, Monday EARTH DAY 9 am - 2:00 pm: Planting
- April 27, Saturday 8 - Noon: Planting
- May 14, Tuesday 8:300 am -2:00 pm: Planting with Warwick 4th graders *(will need clearances and background checks to participate) Watershed Day at Millport Conservancy
If you can help, please contact Garry Longenecker or phone# 717-587-3100.
Here's a map to Millport & the Nursery: